Careers with Speak Our Language
- Does being in the classroom energize you?
- Are you exhilarated after leading a lesson that was a success?
- Do you have an outgoing, energetic personality?
- Do you have classroom experience with children and/or adults?
- Would you like to earn extra money throughout the year?
Speak Our Language is always accepting applications for contract language teachers. Although Spanish is our primary language, we will be adding French, German, Italian, and Portuguese later in 2012, and we are looking for licensed teachers and bilingual assistants for all of these languages.
The mission at Speak Our Language is to create a unique learning experience for students where they will have fun while learning a new language and culture. Our adult students are driven, curious, analytical, self-disciplined, challenge-seeking, and fun-loving professionals. Our pint-sized students are fun, energetic, curious, high-energy and want to learn, while laughing a lot! Learn more about our class offerings...
Candidates should be:
- Passionate about teaching
- Energetic, animated, and a little bit silly
- Patient and supportive
- Focused on delivering quality instruction
- Willing to learn new approaches
- Competitive contract salary equivalent or exceeding local universities and community colleges commensurate with teaching duties required
- Flexible schedule
- Little or no grading or paperwork
- Lessons are created for you by a professionally licensed instructor with instructional design experience
- All materials are provided to you in advance
- Little discipline or disruptions
- Students who want to be there
- Current teaching license in the State of Ohio in a foreign language, Foreign Language Education, or Bilingual Education
- High energy levels to engage students and a patient, caring attitude
- Ability to teach 2 hours completely in your language
- Native or near-native fluency in your language
- Experience teaching either children or adults
- Leadership skills and client oriented
- Desire to learn to teach children ages 4-12
- Feel exhilarated after participating in a lesson that was a success
- Enjoy being in the classroom
- Outgoing, energetic personality
- Optimally experience in the classroom with children
- Ability to communicate fluently enough to assist 90% or more in your language
- Feel exhilarated using your native language
- Energized by others wanting to learn your language
- Outgoing and patient
- Willingness to speak only in your language at a very, very slow pace
- Ability to articulate and pronounce words clearly and correctly
- Fill out an application form
- If applicable, present a photocopy of teaching licensure
- Present two professional (non-personal) references
- Be willing to undergo background check & fingerprinting, and CPR training
- Sign a contract for the course you will teach or assist
- Attend mandatory teacher training
- Demonstrate that you like to have FUN!
Take a Trip!
We've got some exciting international trips planned. Join us...
- Spanish - Beginner 1 (January 5 - February 25, 2014 6:00 pm)
- Spanish - Beginner 2 (January 5 - February 25, 2014 6:00 pm)
- Spanish - Intermediate 1 (January 5 - February 25, 2014 6:00 pm)
- Guatemala Cultural Immersion Tour (February 14 - 23, 2014)
- Peru Tour with Vivian Harvey (October 29 - November 28, 2014)
Latest News & Posts
Engage with SOL!