Careers with Speak Our Language
- Does being in the classroom energize you?
- Are you exhilarated after leading a lesson that was a success?
- Do you have an outgoing, energetic personality?
- Do you have classroom experience with children and/or adults?
- Would you like to earn extra money throughout the year?
Speak Our Language is always accepting applications for contract language teachers.
The mission at Speak Our Language is to create a unique learning experience for students where they will have fun while learning a new language and culture. Our adult students are driven, curious, analytical, self-disciplined, challenge-seeking, and fun-loving professionals. Our pint-sized students are fun, energetic, curious, high-energy and want to learn, while laughing a lot! Learn more about our class offerings...
Candidates should be:
- Passionate about teaching
- Energetic, animated, and a little bit silly
- Patient and supportive
- Focused on delivering quality instruction
- Willing to learn new approaches
- Competitive contract salary equivalent or exceeding local universities and community colleges commensurate with teaching duties required
- Flexible schedule
- Little or no grading or paperwork
- Lessons are created for you by a professionally licensed instructor with instructional design experience
- All materials are provided to you in advance
- Little discipline or disruptions
- Students who want to be there
- Current teaching license in the State of Ohio in a foreign language, Foreign Language Education, or Bilingual Education
- High energy levels to engage students and a patient, caring attitude
- Ability to teach 2 hours completely in your language
- Native or near-native fluency in your language
- Experience teaching either children or adults
- Leadership skills and client oriented
- Desire to learn to teach children ages 4-12
- Feel exhilarated after participating in a lesson that was a success
- Enjoy being in the classroom
- Outgoing, energetic personality
- Optimally experience in the classroom with children
- Ability to communicate fluently enough to assist 90% or more in your language
- Feel exhilarated using your native language
- Energized by others wanting to learn your language
- Outgoing and patient
- Willingness to speak only in your language at a very, very slow pace
- Ability to articulate and pronounce words clearly and correctly
- Fill out an application form
- If applicable, present a photocopy of teaching licensure
- Present two professional (non-personal) references
- Be willing to undergo background check & fingerprinting, and CPR training
- Sign a contract for the course you will teach or assist
- Attend mandatory teacher training
- Demonstrate that you like to have FUN!
Take a Trip!
We've got some exciting international trips planned. Join us...
Latest News & Posts
Engage with SOL!